The Road Theatre Company is dedicated to nurturing new theatrical works and is happy to accept unsolicited new play submissions.
All submissions go through our reading committee and then, if further interest is generated, may be read in our Free Monday “Road Signs” Reading Series. Main Stage and Off-Road productions are often generated from interest generated through the reading series. The Road generally produces World and West Coast Premieres only, although we will occasionally consider other material. Please see our mission statement on our home page for the kind of work we produce.
All submissions should be sent to our Literary Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard copy submissions are not accepted. To submit a play, please email the following:
- full contact info & a bio of the playwright
- a synopsis of the play
- a character breakdown
- the first ten pages of the script
- production history (including reviews, flyers, photos, etc.)
Submissions not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a great many submissions so our response time will vary. We will attempt to respond within 60 days.
If you are interested in submitting to The Road for consideration into the ensemble, please email New Members Coordinator Albie Selznick at gro.ertaehtdaornull@pihsrebmem with the following:
- name and date you’re applying in the subject line
- referral name, if applicable
- current headshot
- age range
- name of show, if we contacted you after a performance
- names of other local theaters you are a member of and how long
- skills you would bring to the company outside of acting
- why you are interested in becoming a member of the Road
After submitting you will receive a email confirmation within a month or so. You will also receive a response about a month prior to the auditions with your appointment time and notes on what to prepare.
Auditions are held every 6 months. The next round of auditions will be August 2013. We usually fill up a couple of months in advance. Thank you for your interest in The Road!